So, I’m still totally obsessing about the whole bullet journal thing. It’s fun and it gives me a good excuse to get off the computer and buy fun things like journals and pens and such.
But, I haven’t been able to settle on a notebook to use for a bullet journal. I couldn’t find anything I liked locally (#smalltownproblems – our local stationary store doesn’t even carry grid or dotted paper options) so I was forced to head online. With all the sales though there were TOO MANY options! I couldn’t decide! So what did I do?
I bought them all!
Ok, not all but I did buy:
- A gridlined Essentials notebook in black (A5)
- A dotted Leuchtturm1917 in red (A5)
- A coil bound notebook with ink splotches and the words, “I’m Kind of a Big Deal” on the front (a little bigger than an A5 but not as big as an A6)
- Two softcover Moleskines in two shades of red (I think they are A5)
- A set of three notebooks with different sayings on them, one lined, one grid, and one dotted (two A5 and an A4)
Ya, maybe a little overboard?
Oh well, I’ll decide which one(s) I am going to use first when I get them all.
I AM considering doing more than one because I would like to have one that is fairly simple – maybe just black and white? – that I can carry with me in my purse. But I’d also like to to do the more extravagant designs and layouts – maybe for things like tracking, gratitude lists, word trackers, spending/saving trackers and various lists. So having two make sense. But I’m also thinking that a third for writing/online projects could be good. So, I’m not sure what I’ll end up doing yet. But with so many notebooks I can do whatever works for me.
The new year is almost upon us and I won’t have by notebooks before then so I’m simply going to “practice” in one of the journals that I’ve already started. I will likely not do anything too mind boggling. Just some simple lists and ideas and such that I can carry over into the notebook that will be a more permanent home.
Is it time to start a permanent BuJo/Bullet Journalling category? I think so!